Friday, January 06, 2006

It's Quiet Now

You know, sometimes you just need to start the day over. That's what happened here at my house. My son woke up the house around 7:00 this morning running around and screaming at the top of his lungs. His adhd medication wasn't in his system yet and he was WILD. No problems though, I simply walked him into the kitchen and gave him his medicine.

In walks the other five kids, one at a time. The last being my five year old foster daughter D. D has to control everything. D doesn't like anyone but her getting any of the attention. D started grabbing toys out of my son's hand and telling him they were hers. (they weren't btw). Wherever Conner went, D followed and made him miserable. She was tattling left and right and just being a big pest.

During all of these, I have my daughter who is talking NON-STOP because her adhd medication isn't in her system yet. I swear I now know exactly how old everyone in our house will be when Jenna is 13, 16, 18, 21, ect. She was having a blast figuring out everyone's ages; but that constant chatter on top of D's tattling and whining, and Conner's screaming was really getting on my nerves.

Oh and we can't forget my foster son B. B was rocking so hard in his booster seat at the kitchen table that he knocked the chair over backwards and started bawling. Of course I rush over to make sure he's ok. What do I find? Oh just the normal toy car in his mouth, but otherwise he's ok. So I have D tattling, Conner screaming, B bawling, and Jenna chattering.

Then there is my foster daughter M. M doesn't like school. M doesn't like mornings. M refused to eat breakfast. She changed her clothes twice because I had the gall to tell her she couldn't wear her pj's or her summer t-shirts in 20 degree weather. M sulking at the table and telling me when SHE turns 18 she's leaving here and taking her siblings with her. Major attitude.

And we'll end with Macie. Macie is Macie. *hehe* Ok I have to admit that i find it harder to get mad or frustrated at her. After all, she's only two years old and she's acting very age appropriate. Sure she has her moments, but they are short and far between. Right now she's sitting on my lap playing with a carebear toy while I type.

So now you have an idea of what my morning was like before I got the oldest two off to school. I sent the youngest four into the Living Room to play and told them to stop the fighting and tattling or they were going back to bed. Being the thick-headed children that they are, they didn't believe me.

You should have heard the screaming and seen the tears when I finally flipped my lid and sent them all back to their bedrooms. I told them lights out and to get back in bed. That when they could prove to me that they were going to wake up and be the happy, loving, fun, caring, sharing kids that I knew they could be; that I might consider letting them get back up.

That was 15 minutes ago and it's finally quiet back there. No they aren't sleeping, but they have learned that I will not let them up until they can calm down and think about why they are there. Guess I'll let them up and see how the rest of the day goes. 15 minutes was long enough for me to gain back a little of my sanity to be able to deal with the rest of my day.

**edited to add: I went to wake the kids up, but they were ALL asleep! I wasn't actually planning on making them go back to sleep. But hopefully they'll wake up in a better mood and be ready to start the day.

5 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Megamom said...

Excellent plan ... I'm going to have to remember that one. Although its harder when they have to be ready for school to send them back to bed!@

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Wadsworthmommy said...

Anna--You crack me up!!!! I'm sure you don't find it hilarious, but you posts are always so animated and funny--LOL

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Wadsworthmommy said...

Do you have any idea where Wisconsin is? It's not exactly close to either of us--LOL--I think at the minimum it's 4 hours from me so that's like 7+ hours from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although it sounds like fun! I did find out that the scrapbook store downtown as crop night every other Friday--so I need to get out of my shell and try that sometime.
Anyway--I think my phone is at my mom's-at least I hope it is. I need to tell Jon to hook up our landline so I next time I can just call my mom and find out :)
Have a great weekend dear!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Megamom said...

Hey but wiscosin is a hop skip and a jump away from me!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Anna said...

*hehe* But it would have been SO FUN to get a hotel room without kids and scrap!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home