Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

My gosh, you guys wouldn't BELIEVE the day I am having! It's gloomy and rainy here today which is not helping my mood at all. I've walked around my house for the last several hours trying to think of something fun and positive to write about. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. I'm too upset.

You see. We just paid to have our septic system cleaned out either last week or the week before. And today, while I was attempting to do laundry, my sink started to gurgle, and knowing that is NEVER a good sign, I run to the bathrooms. Sure enough, the bathtubs are filling up with nasty gooey water, and the toilets are overflowing onto the floor. Realizing that my washing machine is still running, I race back acrossed the house and turn it off, halfway through the cycle. But it's not the septic people's problem. We have a broken field tile under our house that just floods everything from the crawl space to the septic...

So now I have a stinky house, sudsy laundry - that will probably mildrew *ugh*, a dishwasher full of dishes waiting to be washed, and a houseful of tattling children. Did I mention that I'm stranded here? Yup, that's right.

My husband's car is not working right, so he had to take it to the shop last night to be checked out. Since he didn't have his own car, he took mine to work this morning. Normally this wouldn't bother me; but having such a nasty smelling house (not even candles can help!!) is really making me want to cry! Oh, and it's going to cost us over $300 to have his car repaired. Oh the joys of being a grown up.

It's one of those days when I wish I was a child again and could just curl up on my dad's lap and watch tv with him. No having a care in the world, and knowing that any problems I had could be solved with just a little kiss to make it all better.

3 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Wadsworthmommy said...

Anna--my suggesstion is to get out some of your favorite movies, bring out the pillows and blankets and everyone curl up in front of the tv for the day! Put some popcorn in the microwave and have a relaxing day!!
Then when Matt gets home, grab the keys from his hands and run to the nearest bookstore---LOL!!!! (okay, maybe skip the last sentence).
(HUGS)
K

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Megamom said...

Oh Anna ... my day got better, i was hoping yours did. Im transporting your kids to my house as i type and in place, im sending a good book, good chocolates and maybe even a wine cooler.

Well one can dream anyway, big big hugs, callme if you want to vent away, i have a ton of laundry to fold!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Anna said...

*lol* Thanks guys! Matt came home on his lunch hour and managed to get the icky stuff back down the drain. It still stinks horribly, but at least it will clear out soon. Maybe I can convince him to eat out tonight...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home