Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sims 2 is an evil game

Well evil isn't really the right word for the game...I think addictive is a better word. Last night my husband had to go out of town for a business trip. For some reason, I couldn't fall asleep after he left; so I got up and started my favorite computer game.

I played for six hours straight. Oh I got up once to go potty, twice to let the dogs outside, and twice to comfort children who woke up from bad dreams. But the pull of the game kept me sitting there long after my body told me to get some sleep.

The result of my late night? My lovely children decided to wake me up after four hours of sleep by running through the hall and screaming loudly at each other to wake up. Did I mention that I turn into a witch without enough sleep?

So I open the bedroom door, growl at the children and warn them that it is NOT morning yet and to go back to bed. Do they listen? Of course not, they continued jumping out of their beds (particularly loud on hardwood floors) and fighting with each other.

Awake for the day, I've found myself with no patience for the children, mad at the world, and wishing I would have went to bed like a normal person. It doesn't help that my husband didn't get home from work until 6 am this morning and has been sleeping away while I've dealt with the kids. *sigh*

I know it's my own fault. I understand this is my punishment for playing the dumb game... But for my children's sake I hope I can take a nap when they do...otherwise it's going to be a really stress filled day at my house.

Off to stop my foster daughters from fighting over the coloring papers, to stop my foster son from eating dog food (he doesn't think I saw him grab a handful), and to stop my youngest daughter from carrying my place mats into the toy room... Oh happy day...NOT. I think I'll wake my husband up and take me a two hour bath. If he had been home, I never would have gotten on the Sims game to begin with.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Megamom said...

Im not such much for one to do that with video games (although hubby is) but for me its books. Hang in there :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home