Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Too tired to type

Oh my, it's been a very hectic weekend. It feels like a Monday (the kids didn't go to school yesterday because of a teacher training day). We had so much going on and stayed up way past 1 am for the last three nights in a row.

My husband and I spent the weekend pulling carpet up in our foster daughters' bedroom and in our bedroom. My hands swelled so badly from pulling up staples that I had to take off my wedding ring! Now the only room that still has carpet is our Great Room... and that's only because there is a concrete floor under the carpet instead of hardwood floors.

We also had court for our youngest foster to adopt daughter. The judge was very informal - even going so far as to letting the kids take her place on the judge's stand and wear her robe and speak in her microphone. But it was very tiring. For one it takes over an hour to get to court; for two, I had to pick up my mom's foster children for court because she has the flu; and for three, the judge made us have a family visit with all the siblings after court.

Top all that off with my daughter coming down with the stomach flu, my foster children acting very needy and clingy, and my son's medication not kicking in yet, and you have a very tiring morning. Nap time can't come soon enough for me.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Megamom said...

Without as much of the chaos, that was my monday yesterday. I had like 5 hrs of sleep and boy that makes it tough. Hang in there, hope you get a nice long nap

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Well if I can get my foster daughter (the five year old) to stop bawling and go to sleep I'll be just fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home