Saturday, January 21, 2006

Note To Self:

Note to self...NEVER tell a six year old they are going to be in t-ball until the DAY BEFORE t-ball is supposed to start. I made the mistake of telling my son and foster daughter that I was signing them up for t-ball. Now every day they ask me if they get to go to t-ball today.

Now I patiently have explained over, and over, and over again that it is winter time. That they do not play t-ball in winter. That we are just signing them up so the coaches can find out how many boys and girls will be playing. How we have to wait until the grass is really green, how the sun has to be shining and warm outside, and how we have to wait for Winter to go away, then Spring to come, then school to end, then Summer to start before they can play t-ball.

But I have to admit, Mother Nature isn't helping me out any. Who would have thought that in January, of all months, that we'd have 55 degree days? And that the grass outside would be turning green again? And that the sun would be shining brightly? It's no wonder my kids are confused!

So I'm having to listen several times a day to them whining about how they want to be in t-ball and how it IS summer time now. Lord I'd pray for patience, but I'm really not sure I have the will-power to deal with the many ways God would use to teach it to me!

3 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Wadsworthmommy said...

Well, I could have told you that and I only have a 3 year old---LOL!!!!
You sound like us with Grace--this is the conversation we have with Grace about school
In March you turn 4, then next March you turn 5. Then Uncle Dakota has to stay home from school a lot of days during the summer, then Mommy has to have a birthday, then we go camping at Green Lake, then Aunt Anne has a birthday and then you can go to kindergarten. She now repeats that to us when she talks about school. I think Grace is the only 3 year old who is counting down the days until she turns 16 so she can have a drivers license--and I'm praying they don't change that law before then, because I know we'll never hear the end of it--!!

So, Anna--DO NOT TELL THE KIDS WHAT IS GOING ON UNTIL YOU ARE IN THE PARKING LOT OF THE ACTIVITY!!--LOL!!!!!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Wadsworthmommy said...

Wait--when do they get to start t-ball? Is it tomorrow??????

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

Hi Anna! Thanks for your comment on my blog. We are licensed for foster care but are only considered for legal risk adoptions. We have talked about opening our home for straight foster care to speed the process up, but we are so afraid of the heartache. After battling infertility, I'm just not sure our hearts could handle a child being placed with us and then us not getting to adopt. We may change our minds. I know after we have at least one child adopted, we'll open our home for foster care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home