Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sick of Being Sick

*ugh* You know you're sick when you start wishing you could become a dog and just lay beside the heating vent all day long, and let someone scratch your back for you. That's how I'm feeling today.

I have absolutely no energy. In fact, every time I stand up to go and "do" something I get all light headed and have to sit back down. It's much nicer sitting in this computer chair than trying to walk anywhere else in this house.

I've been sick for about three days now. Started off with just a runny nose, developed into a nasty sore throat, then a lot of coughing, then no voice, then major headaches, and now on to stomach cramps and fatigue. Let me tell you, it's not very fun.

Especially when the kiddos and hubby still think that I'm their personal slave. Get me a drink. I want a snack. Sre you EVER going to cook? Honey we have no clean dishes. Where is my clean underwear? Mom I don't have any socks! *ugh*

All I want is to lay in my bed or in the hot bathtub and just veg. I don't want to talk, I don't want to think. I may read a book, but mostly I want to just lay there. And honestly, that's all I have been doing. The house is trashed, the kids are pretty much fending for themselves, and I'm trying to get my energy back up. My husband is great about keeping an eye on the kids when he is home, and he'll feed them dinner (if he can find clean pans). But he's feeling under the weather too.

So here I am, sitting here at my computer, staring at the heating vent and wishing, just for this moment, that I was a dog and could curl up by the hot air and fall asleep to the petting of my master. *ahh* That's the life...

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

hope you're feeling better by now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home