Friday, March 03, 2006

Keep Praying!

I heard from my caseworker today. She informed me that C's biological mother specifically asked him to be placed with us; because she is seriously considering terminating her rights for good and wants us to adopt him!!!

My caseworker talked to her supervisor who sees no problems with increasing our license and allowing C back into our home!! We will have to complete all the foster parent training and paperwork again though, in order to be licensed for seven children. The supervisor said that as long as we start the process that they can petition the court to allow us to go ahead and move him to our home!

C's mother is putting him in care because he is out of control - just like his big brother. And with the three other children that she has, she just can't handle him. Honestly it's really her parenting skills that has caused the boys to act like this, and I feel that we can straighten him out. Hopefully it won't come at our own children's expense!

Part of me wonders if I'm getting in over my head. This means I will have TWO 2 year olds (1 day apart in age), a 4, 5, 6, 9, and 10 year old!! But I've always wanted a big family and feel God won't give me more than I can handle.

And through all of this, I'm praying that God's will - not mine - be done. If it is His will that C be placed with us then He'll open the doors. If it's not His will, then I'm praying he'll give me the strength and peace to handle it.

But for now, please keep praying for us!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home