Thursday, March 09, 2006

He's coming home!!

Oh my gosh!! God is so good!!!! C is coming home!

I just got off the phone with my caseworker. She asked me to please come to her office asap and sign some papers to increase my license to seven children in the home. I told her I was getting ready to put M down for a nap and asked if it could wait. She said NO...that if they didn't increase my license by tomorrow that they were going to get a court order to move C tomorrow afternoon!

So of course I race to the agency to sign my name. While in the car, my DFC caseworker calls me and wants to make sure I'm not going to have my sibling group of three moved when C arrives. I inform him that nothing short of a court order from the judge would make me move ANY of my children. That I had invested almost an entire year with these kids and I wouldn't give them up for anything. He said he knew that but had to hear it from me personally.

He then went on to say that he really went to bat for me today. He said that the other caseworkers were shaking their heads at the thought of placing a medically fragile two year old into a house with six other children. But my caseworker said that out of all the families he has worked with, that he would only recommend this for ME- my family. That he knew we could handle it without losing our minds, that he has that much faith in us. I have to tell you I started crying!! (Still crying if you want to know the truth!)

So when I arrived at the agency to sign my name, the caseworker informed me that C would be arriving at my house between 1-2 pm tomorrow!!!

God is so good!! I honestly had given up hope of getting C back. I had resigned myself to the fact that God had closed that door. But I guess I was still working in MY time and not God's.

I still ask for your prayers though. It's going to be a major adjustment to add another child to this home - especially a medically needy one. Not that I don't want him!! You all know how much I care for this little boy!!! But it's going to take some work to keep him safe and supply the needs of my other children.

But oh I can't wait to have him home!! Wild child though he may be!

2 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

YAY! That's awesome! I'm very excited for you as well! Congratulations! (www.ebenezer.wordpress.com)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Wadsworthmommy said...

I'm so excited Anna!!! God is good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home