Friday, March 10, 2006

Large Families Need Large Vehicles!

Our family is so excited that C is going to be joining our family today, but we realized last night that we didn't have a carseat for him. So off we go to the local Walmart to find a 5 point harness type seat. Of course we find the perfect one in our price range and have to get it!

Now back in our van, we're trying to find a place for this new carseat to go. Hmm...doesn't fit in the middle it's way too small for three carseats. Doesn't fit in the back either. Well let me take that back. It FITS, but the other kids can't buckle their booster seats with the carseat in place!!

Another problem we realized while messing with the carseat is that IF my husband is with me, we can't all fit in our vehicle! We're going to have to take two separate vehicles whenever we want to go somewhere as a family!

We realize that this is going to grow old fast, so I'm searching the internet and local car lots for a used 12 or 15 seat Passenger Van! *lol* I never in a million years thought I would be the type of parent that would need a passenger van in order to haul my family to functions!!

We began fostering with the intent to adopt ONE child, and help at the MOST two at one time... Now look at me... mommy to seven and wife to one. :) God is so good!

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Megamom said...

Im so excited with you. We did the two vechile route for almost two years. Yes its a hassle but it can be fun too ..i cant count how many times when going somewhere unfamiliar did we lose one of our caravan. Once we kept passing each other trying to reconnect, it was kinda hilarious. My advice, for as long as you have to do it, get the frs radios, they are lifesaver and lots of fun when driving.

Good luck in your hunt, i never thought i would love my 15 passenger as much as i do. Im honestly shocked at how wonderful it drives, go with the chevy express if you can!~

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger QueenBee said...

How's the weekend going? I'm dying to hear how C is! www.ebenezer.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home