Tuesday, March 14, 2006

One Big Happy Family..Sort Of

As I'm typing this I'm listening to my two two year olds pounding on the piano together. They stop, look at each other, clap their hands, laugh, and then start playing again. They are so cute... at least right now.

Having two children seven days a part in age in a trial to put it nicely. Both children are strong willed and both have their own opinion on who had the toy first! Macie, being older and in my home longer, thinks that she gets to make all the rules. MY carseat, MY chair, MY toys. And so we have lots of pushing, yelling, smacking, and did I mention yelling? Lots of tattling, and lots of tears. But at the same time we have lots of hugs, lots of kisses, and lot of laughter!

C is adjusting as well as can be expected. He has separation anxiety big time. Any time I start to leave the room he cries out "Don't leave me mommy. Stay here with me." It breaks my heart, but I understand why he acts this way. He's been in four homes in just one week. :( Way too many for such a little kid.

I guess one of my biggest concerns with C right now is how easily he gets frustrated. He doesn't know how to drink out of a sippy cup with the stopper in it. (but when the stopper is out the milk goes EVERYWHERE). He doesn't know how to eat out of a spoon very well, and throws it acrossed the room in tears if he can't get the food onto it. He doesn't like his food touching on his plate either. I called today to have a Early Intervention worker come out and test him for fine motor delays. We'll see if they call me back!

All in all I love having C back in my home. He isn't out of control at all!! If anything he just has a strong stubborn streak! At least so far. The other kids seem to enjoy having C back as well. Only Macie has had major issues with him being here; but then again, she's been the only little one and the constant attention getter until he arrived.

I'm sure the newness will wear off, and the kids will soon be back to trying their best to ignore and escape the little ones! I'm sure C will slowly adjust to our routine and find his place in our home. Until then, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update! It's hard to turn my back on this many children. There is no telling what kind of trouble they'll get in to while I'm staring at this machine!

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Megamom said...

Im glad you snuck in some time to update us. I understand not having any time to post though, thanks for letting us in a bit on your adventures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home