Monday, July 03, 2006

Staying Alive!

Woohoo!!!! My parents are coming home in less than twelve hours, and then I'll be FREE!!!! *see me doing a happy dance?* I can't WAIT to get home to my own bed, my own BATHTUB, my own computer (which is much faster than this one), and my own set of children.

Today was a good day. We didn't have any major temper tantrums, and for the most part the kids minded really well. I think it also helped that I got to leave for two hours while my daughter had gymnastics, and again for another two hours when my sister had cheerleading practice. Now my husband is about ready to pull out his hair. (yes that is an evil grin you're feeling through the computer screen.)

Honestly though -all kidding aside - it hasn't been that difficult. Sure there were a few times when I wanted to pull my hair out, but it was surprisingly a lot easier than I expected it would be.

Some of the highlights?
- When Gracie (the five year old) asked me when her parents were going to be back from their field trip.
- When Conner (my six year old) was watching fireworks and said "Wow, that one went high up to Jesus."
- When C (my two year old) told me to get off the trampoline because I was going to break my neck and then I'd cry.
- Watching all the girls in this house laughing and joking about "Little Manhattan", and
"Aquamarine" movies. You can definately tell these girls are preteens.
- Seeing Macie (my two year old) overcome her fear of my parents' swimming pool.

I know there are a ton of other things, but I'm so tired that I can't think of them. Tomorrow my brother (who didn't bother coming out here and helping me ONCE while my parents were on vacation) is coming down with his family to celebrate my nephew's fifth birthday. We're having a pool party, and a cookout. As soon as it's over I'm going....HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! (WITHOUT any extra kids. Seven is enough...that is, unless I can talk Matt into letting me have a baby).

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Wadsworthmommy said...

Hope you are enjoying your bathtub and a good book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home