Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Are you just being you?

"Are you just being you, or are you like, on your period?" That's the question my 11 year old daughter had the nerve to ask me this morning. Yeah she's still alive, and No I didn't act on any of the thoughts going through my head.

And what, you may be asking, brought on her comment? She is selling crap for a school fundraiser and I wouldn't let her spend $21 on three items so she could have a $.50 bracelet. Apparently they have deadlines on when certain amounts need to be sold before they can get any prizes. Well I'm sorry, but I don't have the extra money right now to help all four kids in the school sell $20 worth of products for a cheap bracelet.

Drama. It's everywhere in my life right now. And unfortunately, I'm having to stop and think about Jenna's question. AM I just being me? Am I really turning into a period crazed hateful woman even off of my period? If so then I need to make some major changes. Because I don't want to have my children look back on their childhood and think of what a horribly mean mother they had.

I'll tell you what my problem is. I'm overworked. I may not have a job outside the home, but I sure work enough for three working women while I'm home. For one I'm never here. I'm constantly running these kids around. for another the laundry is NEVER ENDING!!!!!!! And I'm just so tired.

Something has to change. I want to be the fun-loving mother I was when my kids were little. Somehow someway I'm going to have a better attitude. Maybe I'll start tomorrow. Right now I'm not feeling nice. In fact I wanna just SCREAM! *ugh* I need to go back to bed.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Megamom said...

I can relate big time, i still can pull out the fun mother now and then but i find myself yelling and sniping much more than i should ever be. Dont know how to make it look different but ill pray for ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home