Friday, October 13, 2006

I love gymnastics!

Tomorrow my daughter has her second gymnastics meet of the year. I'm really hoping she does her best! This is her second year in Level 4 gymnastics, and she's really enjoying it!

I absolutely love gymnastics! I don't just love watching my daughter perform, I love watching all the girls. They don't even have to be on my daughter's gymnastics team for me to root for them. My husband just doesn't understand it. He likes watching Jenna for the few minutes that she performs, but otherwise he is perfectly happy reading a magazine.

That's why when I go to Jenna's gymnastic meets I usually take my mother or go alone! It's just more fun when I don't have him sighing in boredom! Plus it saves on babysitting fees. If he's not going to enjoy it then it's a lot easier to leave him at home with the six other kdidos.

Not to mention that it's my break from everything. I love sitting there for three hours knowing that I have nothing important to be doing. I don't have to worry about the kids getting in trouble in the back rooms. I don't have to worry about what is for dinner. I don't have to worry about entertaining my husband. I can just sit there, zone out if I want too, and enjoy watching my daughter at her best sport.

Now I just went to take Conner to Indianapolis to be tested for gymnastics. He is in the boy's class at our local gym, but they don't have a boy's gymnastics team here. This other gym was very impressed with Conner and said they would immediately move him to Level 4 and start him competing in December!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I can't do it. The hours they practice and the 1.5 hours it would take to even get to the gym make it out of the question. But I did find one in Lafayette that is only 45 minutes away from us. They only practice twice a week for two hours. I'm still trying to convince Matt to let me sign him up.

He is worried about the money, the gas, and the fact that I would be gone for 4 hours twice a week. And I understand his concerns, but we gave Jenna the opportunity to grow into a team gymnast so we need to give Conner the same opportunity.

Not to mention that I LOVE gymnastics and know that he'd be an awesome gymnast! If only I could talk our local gym into starting a boy's gymnastics team. Right now they are just not interested.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Flip Art Fonts said...

I know exactly what you mean... I fell in love with gymnastics when I saw Cathy Rigby and Olga Korbut back in the early 70's... both of my daughters participated in gymnastics... it's our family passion... good luck... I hope you are able to get your son involved, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home