Sunday, October 29, 2006

Vegas Trip Was Awesome!

My husband and I recently left for Las Vegas for four days. We decided we needed a grown up vacation without any children. Partly because we're foster parents are were feeling VERY burnt out, and partly because we hadn't had any time as a couple in almost a year. It's very difficult when you have seven children in the home to get out and do anything fun!

So anyways, Matt and I - along with his parents - went to Las Vegas last week. We stayed at the Excalibur Hotel and had a blast! We walked most of the strip and visited almost every hotel on the strip. I have to say that the Venitian was my favorite decor, but Circus Circus was were I won big!!

Speaking of winning... I won... $1058.00 on ONE slot machine!!!!! It was awesome! The bells and whistles were going off, and people were stopping to see what was going on. Then ten minutes later my husband won another $300.00!!!!!!!

It actually worked out that we came home with $1400.00!!! After factoring in our hotel costs, our airline costs, and our food while we were there. We actually came home with about $115.00 more than when we left! *hehe* But it was so much fun!!

Matt made me go to the Hilton's Star Trek attraction while we were there. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am NOT a Trekkie!!! But he enjoyed it, so it was worth it.

All in all it was a great vacation. We came home relaxed and ready to be parents again!! Of course, we didn't factor in the fact that the kids were going to be all over us and demanding our attention then minute we walked through the door!!! But it's ok. We're both refreshed enough now to handle them.

Now ask me again in a week and I'll probably be ready to pull my hair out! But for now, it's all good.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Wadsworthmommy said...

Glad you had a great time!! It must have been pretty spectaucular for you to post the same blog 3 times--heehee!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home