Thursday, April 27, 2006

Praise God!!!

Oh my gosh!!! I just got off the phone with my caseworker. She informed me that the county has agreed to give us 100% of Macie's adoption subsidy as well as Medicaid benefits until she is 18 years of age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God is SO good!!!

The adoption worker told my caseworker that we need to have it stated in the court documents that we want the full pay rate, as well as medicaid. She said that once it is "court ordered" that even if the county goes bankrupt they are still required to continue paying the subsidy.

Praise God!!!

So we don't have to worry about how we're going to be able to afford to raise Macie or get her the therapy services she is going to need. The subsidy doesn't cover HALF of the costs of raising Macie, but it does give us a little padding to help us make ends meet.

I'm just about to start crying I'm so excited!! The county was trying very hard to get out of giving Macie even 1/4 of her adoption subsidy and didn't want to give her any medicaid benefits. But something helped them change their minds!!

Thank you all for your prayers!

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Megamom said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home