Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm Such A Pushover

My brother calls me with a sob story about how his wife has to do a mandatory training session for work - in CHICAGO of all places. And he has to work all week and his boss won't let him off of work to watch his kids. So could I please help him out?

Translation? Will I keep his two year old and four year old night and day until Wednesday evening. Sure Brad, whatever you need. It'll only mean nine children total for me this week! Three 2 year olds, two 4 year olds, and my other 5, 6, 9, and 10 year old.

And honestly I don't mind. I haven't actually gotten to spend any time with my neice and nephew since March, and they are really good kids! But boy it's amazing how much more work and stress come with adding two more kids to the family.

Macie is taking it the hardest. She sees the new kids as competition for my time. So she wants held constantly. When she's not being held she's trying to take their toys and fighting with them. So far she hasn't actually played with them yet!

Actually it's all three two year olds that are the hardest. For those who mother multiples all the time, my hat is off to you. I don't see how you keep your sanity!

My biggest obstacle this week is going to be getting Conner to school while hauling four kids in need of carseats to and from school. And I'm supposed to walk Conner in to his teacher...but I'm going to have to see if I can recruit another parent to help me out with that. I just don't want to drag all these kids inside.

Ok, gotta go rescue the cat and dog from the children, break up a fight over who had the toy first, and get the others to quit banging on the piano keys! Did I mention I LOVE kids? And no matter what the headache I have by the end of the day, it's all worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home