Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Screw the Children

That's basically what the Division of Family and Children's lawyer decided for our kids. I mean, honestly, is there really any reason why a sibling group of three should remain together? They aren't 100% biologically related after all. *rolling my eyes here*

I am so furious right now I could scream. Actually I HAVE screamed. And I've pleaded, and I've cried, and I've done everything in my power to get the court to change it's mind.... to no avail. B is going to have to start visiting overnight with his birth father starting Friday.

I'm extremely upset. The division of family and children is upset. Everyone is upset - except the birth father and the lawyer for the dfc. He basically stabbed the caseworkers' in the back. The lawyer didn't talk to the caseworkers, he just decided upon himself that since B's father is doing the BARE MINIMUM (And asking for NOTHING extra) that he is entitled to start having him overnight in addition to his weekday visit (of two hours). And this same lawyer saw no reason why B couldn't stay overnight at the same house where a baby was murdered (while B was in the home - mind you). I can thankfully say that THAT was overturned.

So the caseworker was forced to come out to my house and deliver the news to the children. That B would have overnights and the others wouldn't get to go. The result? Well the oldest of the group went through a wide range of emotions. She first stated she didn't care, then she tried everything in her power to get us mad enough to yell at her, then she wanted to cuddle and be close to us on the couch. :( She's not sure how to handle the situation. The middle child could really care less...

But B... Poor B. Ever since being told he's had nightmares. He woke up 4 times the first night and between 4-6 times last night. (I stopped waking up and let my husband take over). B is rocking violently and is refusing to talk to us. He'll point and whisper, but honestly he just wants to rock and be held. He's honestly not himself at all.

I'm extremely worried about him. He was so excited to be going to see his daddy again, and seemed happy about visiting overnight this weekend; but his behavior is unreal right now. :( I have calls in to the social worker, to the therapist, and to the preschool director to make sure they give me feedback and suggestions to helping B deal with this.

Pray for us, I don't know how long it's going to take before my B is himself again.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Megamom said...

Why just B, why not hte others? Im so sorry anna ... just keep loving on him, hugs and prayers

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

I"m praying for all of you, especially for B.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Because B is his biological son. He's not allowed unsupervised visits with the girls because they aren't his. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home