Thursday, April 06, 2006

Age Appropriate Stupidness or Just Plain Stupid?

Tell me... Is this age appropriate stupidness, or just Conner stupidness? Remember he's 6 years old.I woke up this morning to the sound of spitting. One would think maybe it would be the two year olds since they can't really vocalize their desires right? But no, I hear this nerve grating FAKE laughing coming from my son's top bunk bed, and once again...spitting. Then from below I hear C my two year old say "No spit, No spit Conner." *grr*

Fast forward two minutes (we'll bypass me storming like a banshee into the room, climbing up into the bunkbed and scaring my son spitless). He is now standing OVER the heating vent in the kitchen with D. They are enjoying watching the hot air fill their nightshirts (They sleep in my husband's t-shirts a lot) and are laughing that fake laugh of theirs. All of the sudden Conner says "Wow, look I've got big boobs." and proceeds to pull down his nightshirt and show his boobs to D. (which are NOT big by the way- just boy size). So again, I turn into banshee woman and remind the angels about appropriate and inappropriate sharing of body part information.)

Fast forward one minute. (we'll again bypass me stomping to the cabinet and taking my pms meds to keep me from doing bodily damage to the children and also me angrily handing Conner his ADHD meds). The darlings are now in the great room screaming and fighting with one another. All of the sudden I hear "I DARE you to kiss the wall Conner." And my dare-devil son starts "Smooch, smooch, smooching" the wall.

Needless to say, the sweethearts spent the first half hour of the morning sitting on the couch while I counted to 2000 in the kitchen and made breakfast. Here's praying that my diet coke caffeine kicks in soon, and that the children realize that mommy woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and that it's in their best interest to be angels for at least an hour today.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Wadsworthmommy said...

Sorry you had such a rough morning! Hope the rest of the day was calm--or as calm as it can be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home