Monday, March 27, 2006

Mommy Anyone?

Today my foster son C had his first visit with his mother since she placed him in foster care three weeks ago. He was hesitant to go to her at first, and then started yelling and crying "Don't leave me, don't leave me mommy!" to Me.

Yes he was calling me Mommy in front of his biological mommy. And he wanted nothing to do with her. He was reaching out to me and just not a happy guy. You'd think with it only being three weeks that he'd still remember her...but then again, maybe that's why he was reaching for me?

His mom was near tears and said she didn't wouldn't force him to go with her if he didn't want too; but her boyfriend was in the back telling her to just get in the van, and not talk like that. Seems to me like boyfriend wants C back with his mom.

So he had his visit and afterwards I hear from the caseworker that the mother wants visits THREE TIMES a week!!!! She said it's because he's already forgetting about her. Well the caseworker put her foot down and said no, one day a week for a few more hours. But mom was all upset and yelling and screaming at the worker.

She was really upset because she wanted my phone number and the DFC worker wouldn't give it to her. She said that to do that would mean the mom could bipass the DFC and court and just call me when she wanted to see her son.

So now I wonder how long I'll have C in my home. It seems like mom is no longer looking at terminating her rights... Guess I'll just wait and see. But I do know one thing. I'll enjoy having my little C for as long as I have him...and if he goes home, well... I'll still be praying for him.

3 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger QueenBee said...

and I'll be praying for you...

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Wadsworthmommy said...

How heartbreaking for everyoine. Many, many prayers.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

so? How's it going?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home