Tuesday, May 02, 2006

No Show...Again

I'm really getting sick and tired of loading five children into the minivan, driving twenty minutes acrossed town, sitting in the parking lot with five very impatient children for at least fifteen minutes, and then driving all five children back home again when birth mom doesn't show up. This is the FOURTH week in a row that mom has not shown up for a visit with C.

He only gets to visit with her one day a week. Visit is supposed to last from 10 am to 4 pm. And yet she can't make it. And she doesn't bother calling to say she can't make it. It's just so frustrating!

It's gotten to the point where I don't even tell him where we are going. I just say that we have to go to the agency and sit in the car. Normally one of my two social workers comes out to talk with us for a few minutes; so the kids don't even realize we're there to drop C off for a visit.

But I have had it. It's a waste of my time to transport to these visits, and my children have better things to do than sit in the minivan for an hour! So I told the caseworker to figure something else out.

Her solution? I am no longer allowed to just drive to the visit until AFTER the birth mother shows up. She will then have to wait on me to make the 20 minute trip acrossed town in order to visit with her son. Let her see what it feels like to have to sit and wait.

The only difference is that she won't have her other children with her. Who knows WHO is watching them...

I honestly wish she would just terminate her rights so that I can out and out adopt C. I'd do it in a heartbeat- even with his medical condition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home